- Vintage article from the 1920's.
- Height: 6 Inches
- Width: 3.3 Inches.
- Bottom: 3.3 Inches.
- Materials: Shoushan, Chinese yellow stone, Chinese stamp, Chinese ancient shoushan, carved shoushan, ancient chinese stamp, chinese stamp, chop, ancient chinese carving, natural shoushan stone, tianhuang shoushan, tianhuang, chinese shoushan stone stamp stamp.
0 Item Items
This product is no longer in stock
Warning: Last items in stock!
Precious stamp size in stone type Shoushan natural Translucent yellow with Dog Foo - Lion Fu, signed by the artist
- Type: stamp, sculpture, stamp, paperweight.
- Material: Shoushan natural stone (壽山 石), translucent yellow.
- Measures: 153X85X84mm - 6x3.35x3.31 ".
- Weight: 1734 gr.
- Origin: Private collector United Kingdom.
- Condition: good, signs of age and use, the wear and tear can be seen in the photos, if you need more photos you just have to ask.
* With a gift box
This is an exquisite stone work in Shoushan, which is a kind of alabaster, extracted from a mountain called Shoushan in the northern suburbs of Fuzhou. This art is frequent in the Jin'an area of Fuzhou, capital of Fujian province on the east coast of China. Soft touch, smooth surface and various colors of Shoushan stone, is an ideal material for carving and is known as "the top grade-colored stone for carving. "It is characterized by exquisiteness, softness and cohesion.
Shoushan stone is composed of lava and minerals around it, which are cooled and alternate in a colored crystalline Oregon that compares favorably with jade, because it is superior in color range, texture, quality and some other fields It is an exquisite example of Chinese craftsmanship. It is a really incredible craft, for its charm and its rarity. It has a very high value among collectors. The stone of Shoushan is the best of all colored stones in China.
There are hundreds of stone classes from Shoushan. The most precious class - Tianhuang stone - is more valuable than gold and we enjoy a reputation as "the king of stones". "It is said that one liang (50 grams) of Tianhuang stone equals three liang of gold.
It has been for more than 1,500 years since the stone of Shoushan was exploited as a precious stone for its magnificent colors, character and humidity and its various and changeable veins. During the Sung Dynasty (1127-1279), the stones in Shoushan have already been largely exploited. Last year (1271-1368), Ming (1368-1644) and Qing (1644-1911). Even the royal seals of the Qing emperors were made from the stones of Shoushan.
The unique stone-carving style of Shoushan had split into two genera by the Qing dynasty. A genre that specializes in the circular carving of figures, landscapes and animals, and other focuses on the size of the child that emphasizes the poetic artistic concept.
Various types of Shoushan include circular carving, revelation carving, openwork carving, size recessed out, Boyi (low revelation) carving and carving of marquetry. The content of human figures, animals and landscapes, flowers and birds. The superior craftsmen can create wonderful images using the natural contours and the fine stripes of colors in the stone.
The long history of stone carving has resulted in many famous carvers and fine carvings. Most of these masterpieces were recognized in the palace as imperial treasures or selected by local officials as a tribute to pay the court. Call the first-class carvers often to the court to carve the stone illustrations of Shoushan. Some of these stone carvings are still kept in the imperial palace in Beijing.
* The actual color may differ slightly from what you see on the monitor screen, and it depends on the specific monitor settings.
* The accessories and the props of the photos are not included in the price.
No customer comments for the moment.